04 June 2008

Hello

I decided it was time for me to start a blog and get rid of all the random thoughts in my head. I was diagnosed as having Bipolar Disorder in January 2007 which may explain the unending white noise of my mind. There is always a thought, song, image, idea, conversation, argument, word repetition, or verbal record-keeping going on inside my head. Extremely few activities can get rid of the chatter so I've learned to live with it and babble to people about random topics. So here will be where I'll type my babbling :)

The biggest problem with Bipolar is it causes my thinking to change depending on where I am in the cycle. I can feel completely opposite about things in the space of one day and have absolutely no control over it. As an example, on an Up I think a little girl that I don't know is a cutie-pie in her little white dress bouncing around the mall. On a Down I see the little girl and am disgusted by her over-cuteness and can't believe the parents would be so careless as to allow her to go ahead of them at the mall. I can see why this makes life difficult for those around me. It must be a bit like living with two different people. My boyfriend says he has learned to watch my eyes to determine where I am and act accordingly. My two boys have seemed to adapt reasonably well, but children tend to adapt to their circumstances pretty easily.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

I love your banner!! Thanks for starting this blog... now I can peek into your head, too :) I love the way you write - it's so expressive and clear and entertaining. Reading your blog will be a pleasure.

Love,
Chantelle