11 June 2008

Photoshop

I've been playing around with Photoshop lately and found it to be easier than I thought it would be. I have been wanting to try it out but never really found a reason to get into in until I found out my younger sister did her blog template with Photoshop. Now, I am nowhere near the skill level to create a blog template but I did manage to do the banner on this blog :) It didn't turn out quite the way I wanted but it's close enough.

One thing I did was purchase a trackball mouse with the ball on the finger not the thumb. Man o man this made Photoshop easier to use, much more precise. The problem I'm having is that I don't have the fine motor skills developed enough to use the trackball easily so it's a bit frustrating. I was thinking how much easier the program would be if I could use a stylus and touchscreen monitor to get the fine details done. After some searching I did find stylus and pads to use, but I wanted more of a mouse-type thing. Then I found this mouse. It's a mouse that's in pen form. Soooooo cool! Imagine how easy that would be, to use a pen instead of a mouse while surfing or playing. From the reviews I read I fould out it has no 'back' button, but I'm used to clicking the 'back' icon anyway so that doesn't matter. The only problem seems to be availability. I found the model I wanted on eBay but didn't bid in time to get it. I haven't found a store in my city that sells them either. At some point I will be the proud owner of a pen mouse......just not nearly as quickly as I want.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

I used to use pen mouses like that when I was doing pattern stuff at Levi's. I LOVED it!!!! doing stuff with a pen felt so natural, probably because I've been using a pen all my life :)

I hope you're able to find one. I'd love to hear what you think about it once you've used it.

Love,
Chantelle