07 October 2008

Itty Bitty Book Review - Fearless Fourteen

I love this series by Janet Evanovich! My aunt introduced me to her at the seventh book - Seven Up - and I loved it so much I started reading the whole series right from the beginning.

The main character is Stephanie Plum, she's a bond enforcement officer and general screw-up. Her partner is Lula, a plus size black former 'ho that puts the stretch capacity of spandex to the test. Together they do their best to take people in to be rebonded after missing their court dates. This almost never goes smoothly for them. Stephanie has two men in her life, a cop she's known since she was seven and an Armed Forces Ranger who makes her knees weak.

This series is written almost as slapstick comedy. I used to think I hated this kind of comedy, particularly Larry, Curly and Moe, but I will grudgingly admit there is something entertaining about it. Janet Evanovich's books are the only ones I have read that are written like this. I think of them as my brain fluff books - no hard thinking or deep meanings and they are quick to read. Now, on to the next book.....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

'Brain Fluff' books I like that description!!!! We all need some of that once in a while. I too just took my weekly trip to the library yesterday........