29 December 2008

Christmas is Over


The Christmas season is now wrapped up and put away for another year. Things went well this year which is always a pleasant surprise. There is just too much mental illness in my family to be able to count on smooth sailing at every gathering. I suppose that can be said of any family, though.
All gifts were received well, my family liked the Mandalas I made and we all loved the gifts we received. I now have $90 in Winners gift cards burning a hole in my purse. Luckily I'll be going shopping later today :)
My boys and S gave me a rock box I'd asked for with some beautiful rocks to put in it (actually, for the moment the rocks rest on top of the box so I can look at them). When I was in the Roxx store with my boys I saw the box and remembered how much I liked little boxes. I never collected them because I didn't really know what to do with them if I had them. Then I saw my younger sister had a little display shelf of little boxes and I thought - of course! Display them! I don't know why I'd never thought of doing that. Most likely because I lived in fear most of my life and was afraid of someone ridiculing me for collecting such a thing. Well times have changed. Now I have one little box. If any family members reading this are wondering what to get me for gifts they can now add decorative, original, pretty little boxes to the list. Hint, hint......

No comments: