15 March 2009

Itty Bitty Book Review - Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich

I just love this series :) The books are fast reads, entertaining and very visually stimulating. Stephanie Plum is a bumbling bond agent that really does mean well and tries to get her job done, but somehow screws it up. Usually involving a food fight. There is one scene that describes Lula quite well - and keep in mind she's a plus-size, African-American ex 'ho that squeezes herself into spandex several sizes too small:


"I'll be discreet," Tank said. As discreet as a six-foot-six, no-neck guy weighing three hundred and fifty pounds, all dressed in black SWAT clothes, with a Glock holstered at his side could be. "Me, too," Lula said. "I'll discreet your ass off." Tank and I looked at her. She was wearing a traffic-stopping, orange, fake fur jacket, a poison green spandex skirt that stopped just short of her ass, green ankle boots that matched the skirt, and her hair was sunflower yellow. I allowed myself a small sigh of defeat, and I crossed the street with Tank and Lula on my heels.

It would be hilarious to see these books made into a movie...but I think I've said that before :) The only thing that mystified me a bit was the title. It gave me the impression the book would be set around Halloween but it didn't seem to be. Janet's other in-between-the-numbers books were set around a holiday (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Christmas) but this one didn't wasn't really centered around a specific time of year.

1 comment:

Kala Pohl Studio said...

Ha, my husband just read this one. And he kept reading these funny excerpts out loud to me:):)