22 August 2009

Aphids! ...and maybe TMI

Aphids! My sweet peas are covered in aphids!
I was out in the garden today reminding the stalks where the fence was and noticed the ground was covered in little green bugs. The more I handled the sweet peas the more bugs appeared. They are absolutely everywhere...except on my roses. The roses have no aphids at all, but they do have some holes in some of the leaves. The infestation is too far gone (I think) to try to do anything about them this year, but next year I can do a better job of exterminating them. I am hoping they die during the winter so at least I'd be starting with a new batch of bugs instead of waking up this gigantic batch in the spring.

Luckily, there were some ladybugs on the sweet peas as well. Ladybugs eat aphids so there's no chance of starvation here. And these ladybugs were busy making more ladybugs :)











Warning: Possible TMI:

S and I had supper last night at a food court in a mall. By late evening my belly hurt quite a lot. By the middle of the night my dinner was exiting my belly through the back door with a fair bit of urgency. So my belly feels tender today and my neck, shoulders, pecs, back, hamstrings, feet, and hands hurt from cleaning yesterday. For supper today I made Mac & Cheese because it was easy and cheesy. After I was done eating I was putting the leftovers in bins and saw a couple of small chunks of mold from the shredded cheese I added to the Mac. Sigh.

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

I'm sorry to hear that your tummy isn't well. The same thing happens to me sometimes, especially if I eat really greasy food or fast food lettuce. I hope you're feeling better.

I love you so much,
Chantelle

The Hyperlexian Aspie said...

i get the same reaction from mold. i have to be pretty fastidious about removing all moldy bits or i am very very sorry later on...