14 August 2009

Mmmmmm Burger

I do my major food shopping once every two weeks, but I find myself in Safeway about every other day for more food. My favorite section is the Bakery, not just for their delish donuts, breads, cookies, buns, and the smell of Heaven, but also for their displays. Most of the year they have a large wedding cake on display - probably made of Styrofoam that's been decorated. At Christmas they usually make a gigantic gingerbread house to showcase their creativity. And probably to celebrate the barbecue season, lately they've had this giant burger:
It's made of bread that's been varnished. Each layer is a different kind of bread, with the meat layer having some blackish burnt bread pieces on top. Sorry you can't see that in the photo, it turns out my cell phone takes cruddy pictures. Anyway, the bakers have even put sesame seeds on the top of the bun. There are two average sized ketchup bottles on either side of the burger that I left in the photo so you can see the scale. I think it's about two feet across.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I sure hope it looks more appetizing than in your picture!