12 September 2009

This is so cool :)

>This is so cool (I don't know how to edit the video, but start it at around 1:40, and for the life of me I can't get it to fit in the space provided properly):

It's a flash mob, where a large group of people assemble suddenly in a public place and perform an unusual action to surprise onlookers. Oprah had no idea that her production team planned this with the Black Eyed Peas. One choreographer trained twenty professional dancers and 800 regular people, who then taught it to the rest of the crowd before Oprah appeared on stage. I have to say that I would have loved to be a part of that! I have always felt like a self-conscious dancer because I have trouble getting the steps right. I just can't seem to get my body to move in the way I see it in my head...or even right in front of me (I have a difficult time with aerobics, too). But something like that it's expected that you won't get all the steps right and it's ok. And besides, it would have been fun on a grand scale :)

The first time I'd seen a video of a flash mob was this one:

It's performed as an advertisement for a reality show that involved the casting of Maria for The Sound of Music. From what I remember, the dancers had only one day to practice. I just love it :)

If I could get the world to feel the absolute joy that permeates an Up I would. These crowds of elated dancers is a good visual of how I feel when I'm Up. Massive quantities of joy, infectious happiness, free-flowing love, and the overall feeling that everything is good in the world.

1 comment:

The Hyperlexian Aspie said...

i love dancing! and synchronized ANYTHING is so cool to watch!!! we should go dancing sometime... i can't dance either, but i have fun trying.

love,
vicki