12 October 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I've got my horn o' plenty stuffed with things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for all the usual things including family, good health, my job, warm house, food, running water...you get the idea. I'm even thankful for the bad or icky things in life, because without them it's hard to measure the good. Really, that's the only way I get through our long winters is knowing that spring follows.

Now, I need to get back to my Day of Nothing. That's right, a day with no effort at all. No going outside, no strenuous work, no major cooking, no answering the phone or seeing other people. Just sitting around the house in baggy clothes, reading my book, drinking hot cocoa, watching tv, and surfing the web. My shower this morning was the most physical activity that I'll get all day. Now...back to sloth mode...

No comments: