01 September 2010

Links for your clicking pleasure

The only magazine subscription I have is O Magazine (probably soon to be expanded to Scientific American Mind also) and this month there was a little feature with cool websites. Here are some links for you:

Discover what your brain can and cannot perceive at: jvsc.jst.go.jp/find/mindlab/english/base.html

Take part in actual cognitive research projects at: testmybrain.org

Play some weird and cute games with soothing soundtracks at: ferryhalim.com/orisinal
There is one game there with a bunny and bells, I could hear my younger sister squealing in my head at the cuteness of the little bunny.

Surf the web with stumbleupon.com, I'd heard of this and seen the icons on webpages but had no idea what it was. Now I do.

Test your vocabulary while fighting world hunger at freerice.com. My older sister introduced me to this site some time ago, I think. They donate to the UN's World Food Programme every time you are able to define a word correctly.

And listen to stories from ordinary people interviewed by their loved ones at: storycorps.org.

So there you go, links to click on to keep you amused :)

Oh, and I get up just after 4am to go to work. The other day I heard my alarm, squinted at the clock and thought: 4:04, day not found, return to bed. If only it was that easy.

2 comments:

The Hyperlexian Aspie said...

4:04 day not found!!! lol!!!!

and yes, those little charcaters are so cute and zenlike!

love,
vicki

Chantelle said...

Thanks for the links! I want to check them out when I'm by myself in front of the tv.

4:04 day not found is hilarious!!!

love you,
Chantelle