13 December 2012

Teacups!

I don't know what it is but there is something marvelous about pictures of teacups and teapots. I don't want to own any sets of them, but I do like images of them. So imagine how happy I was when I came across this puzzle of....wait for it...teacups!

While the image itself was wonderful, it lacked clarity on the actual puzzle. You know, like when a photo is blown up too big and is a bit blurry. So that was disappointing. But the pleasant surprise was the piece shapes. I also like puzzles with different shaped pieces and this one was so odd that it was almost impossible to tell which ones were edges and which ones were inside pieces. For the first time ever I started the puzzle without doing the frame first. Instead I went teacup by teacup.

When I finished I opened a puzzle of doughnuts and while made by the same company, Cobble Hill, these pieces are just the ordinary average pieces. The image looks a bit clearer so far as well. And what's almost as good as teacups? Doughnuts!

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

When I looked at the picture of the pieces, I could have sworn that they were made by Springbok. I had no idea that there was another company making puzzle pieces like that. Of course I'm remembering those Springbok pieces from .... what, the early 90s? So 20ish years ago? I guess it's reasonable that puzzle grids have changed :)

Love,
Chantelle