23 April 2013

Quadrant one is done

Well, I finished the first quadrant of the puzzle in just over four weeks! Since it is bagged in quadrants it's just easier to complete the puzzle that way. I also don't have to find a huge working area to get it done. The tabletop fits four foam core boards (each 20" x 30") taped together to make a bigger surface area. Now that one quadrant is done I will put a layer of thin packing foam on top, then put the next portion of foam core boards right on top. Once I'm done all four quadrants I will clear my living room a bit and lay the quadrants side by side. This way I can 'knit' the quadrants together and glue the whole thing all at once.
One sad note: I am missing one piece already :( It is a piece in the sky and I'm hoping it just somehow got mixed up when the quadrants were bagged. It's close enough to the edge for that to have happened, but I still wonder if I wasn't careful enough when sorting all the pieces. The quadrant it is most likely in will be the last quadrant I complete because it looks the easiest. For now, I'm sick of looking at elephants and will get started on the bottom right corner. Hopefully with no more missing pieces.

No comments: